The Australian Gold Kangaroo coin series far outdates its newer silver counterpart. Introduced in 1986, the Gold Kangaroo began life as the Australian Gold Nugget series. The gold bullion program was renamed the Australian Gold Kangaroo in 1990 with the introduction of the Australian Silver Kookaburra and has been available since then with new designs regularly featured on the reverse. Today, the 2018 1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo Coin is available .
- Arrives in a protective plastic capsule, rolls of 20, or in a sealed box of 100.
- 29th year of issue for the Australian Gold Kangaroo design!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold in BU condition.
- Face value of $100 (AUD) is fully backed by Australia’s government.
- Obverse includes a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse features the new design of two kangaroos hopping along.